Do you have a relationship that is sucking you dry?
…family, marriage, friends, other?
Do you wish you could have constructive conversations that actually led to *positive* results?
Through a combination of individual and or relationship & couples counseling you can bring sanity and satisfaction back to your marriage or family relationship.
You might be feeling something like this:
It feels agonizing to be in a relationship that is dragging you down. Sometimes you feel as if your mind has a mind of its own. You get “set off” by seemingly small things, but what you feel on the inside is not small at all… at times it feels like torture!
You feel anxious, scared, depressed or angry. Sometimes the feelings are so intense, you can’t control them.
You may even talk yourself out of your feelings because they somehow seem irrational, they don’t fit the situation, you are filled with self-doubt or your partner tells you are irrational.
But without a doubt, this relationship is draining you:
Affecting your job, your health, and your friendships. At times, you want so badly to leave but then the fear sets in. The fear of being alone, that you’ll never find another, or that the next relationship will be just as bad.
Or, eventually you end up deciding it’s not so bad. Then things get a little better, and you grasp at the shred of hope… only to start the cycle all over again.
You can see no way out… feeling hopeless and desperate, sometimes all you dream about is running, getting as far away as possible from yourself and the relationship.
There is hope!
Relationship therapy can help you find yourself and your voice… Empower yourself and learn how to create the relationship you’ve always wanted - OR, make the decision to go and feel good about it.
Through Love Therapy, relationship or couples counseling you can heal your marriage or family relationship and discover how to:
- Love yourself and gain a sense of self esteem and confidence in all of your relationships!
- Communicate from a place of self assurance and gentle compassion for everyone involved, especially yourself.
- Gain perspective so you can see what is actually happening in the moment instead of reacting to old emotional wounds.
- Discover how to tell the difference between your own over reactions and your partner’s character defaults that you really can’t live with.
- See your relationship and your partner based on the reality of the situation instead of through your fears (self-doubt, shame, or fear of abandonment.)
- Access your true authentic self… (your needs, your wants, your dreams and aspirations).
- Communicate in a way that will be more likely to be heard and RESPECTED!
- Find ways to have productive conversations, even when there is a difference of opinion.
- Deal with anger or upset that is directed at you without getting overwhelmed and overly anxious.
- Set your boundaries and say “NO” without fear of losing your partner.
- Stand up for yourself once and for all!
- Make a decision about your relationship based on the fit between who and how you are and who and how your partner is.
Once you feel more confident in yourself, accessing your own inner wisdom and communicating in a way that can be heard, you will be amazed at the changes that will be created in all of your relationships.
As a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, I specialize in improving relationships and assisting couples discover fearless and unconditional love.
Love Therapy can help you both individually and in your relationships by bringing love, i.e. connection, acknowledgement and allowance first to yourself and as a result, to your partner. Love Therapy is a method I created as I began to see an emerging theme in my clients and through my areas of specialty… Relationships and Trauma. It is the blocks from loving yourself (usually through emotional trauma, and not necessarily the death and dismemberment kind), loving others and from and over an overall sense of connection and belonging (socially, emotionally, spiritually, etc.) that creates illness, stress and anxiety. I have found that the core of healing yourself and your relationships can be found in this light of love.
I have worked as a Marriage and Family Therapist since 2003 helping people like you heal the wounds that cause out of control intense emotions in relationships; for couples, and other relationships: work, family, marriage, or premarital.
I am trained in Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), a well-researched and effective method of therapy for healing deep wounds that manifest in intense negative emotions. I have studied extensively in the areas of trauma, both research and healing methods, and incorporate this into the counseling work I do with clients.
By interweaving Spiritual Psychology: i.e. mindfulness, meditation, visualization, intention setting and somatic psychology with proven scientific methods of therapy that get results such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), also a well researched and effective method for changing negative / destructive thought patterns and beliefs into positive / constructive thoughts and beliefs. Using EMDR, I help my counseling clients heal the wounds that create confusion and indecision.
Healing your relationship wounds will help you see your situation with clarity and calm, enabling you to finally be able to make the empowered decisions you have been wanting and needing to make.
If you are ready to break the cycle of stress and pain in your relationships, I invite you to call for a free 20-minute consultation or to schedule an appointment.